• Application for Schengen visa is submitted at the Embassy of Belgium in Kigali.
• Rwanda appears on the list of countries whose nationals are subject to EU visa requirement when crossing external borders pursuant to EU Council Regulation 539 of 15/3/2001.
• According to the existing practice, the Embassy of Belgium in Rwanda delivers short-stay (less than 90 days) visas to visa applicants travelling to Schengen zone.
• Proof of sufficient financial means in the country of residence and for the trip (credit card, bank statement of last three months, proof of purchase of foreign currency or a currency account which is regularly supplied). The minimum required foreign currency is generally 3000€
• The insurance must cover the entire period of intended stay, valid for all Schengen States and covering any expenses which may arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment or death during the stay.
• Proof of travel: Copy of the round-trip airline reservation with passenger Details and cop of the travel itinerary. The reservation should prove that the stay in Schengen does not exceed 90 days. It is recommended to buy a ticket when visa is granted.
• Hotel confirmation or voucher to all Schengen states of destination and a copy of the guarantee & hosting form if you are staying with your host. This document can be obtained by the host from his/her municipality and should not be older than 6 months, a copy of the host’s passport (holder page) or residence permit.
• If you are employed: present certificate of employment stating period/position/current salary Certificate of leave approval
• If self-employed: Business registration Income tax paper, Business financial statement.
• If a student: Proof of enrollment Certificate of leave of absence if travelling during school period
• If minor travelling: Letter of consent signed by both parents/legal guardian and a copy. Application form signed by both parents/legal guardian and signed photocopy of passport of parents/legal guardian. Proof of economic means of parents/legal guardian and a copy. Birth certificate of the minor and a copy. Certificate of leave absence if travelling during school period and a copy.
• If travelling with spouse and or children: Copy of marriage certifcate, Copy of birth certificates children.
• Application of visa for medical reasons, Proof that medical care cannot be given in Rwanda or in a neighboring country (certificate of one of the doctors recognized by the embassy): Dr Sylvie Richard / Dr Nyst – dispensary of the embassy – 0252 592 300; Dr Kagame Abdel – CHUK – 0252 575 555; Dr Muyombano Antoine – Policlynique du plateau – 252 578 767.
• For more, visit: rwanda.diplomatie.belgium.be/en/travel-to-belgium/visa.
P. O. BOX 6229, KIGALI Tel. +250 78 815 2222 / Fax +250 0252585292
Service Tel: Passport +250 722 159 372 |Laissez Passer +250 722 158 692|Visa & Permit +250 722 172 974/+250 722 177 437 |PRO +250 722 180 223
© Rwanda Directorate General of immigration and Emigration. All rights reserved.