• Flight tickets; your tickets and/or itinerary will detail all your flight information. This should include: The airports you are flying between, Your flight number, departure and arrival time, Your baggage allowance
• The check-in time; this varies from airline to airline, generally it is 2 hours and it gives you enough time to check-in your luggage and make your way to the plane. Go to the check-in desks displaying your flight number. The check-in agent will print your boarding card and ask you some security questions – please have your tickets and passport ready. At this stage, they’ll also weigh your luggage and tag it with your flight details.
• Note that you may not be issued with a ticket - you may just get a confirmation number depending on the airline.
• Waiting for your flight to depart; once you check-in, display screens will let you know when you can go the departure lounge. To go to departures you will need to show your boarding card and pass through Security Control where your hand luggage will be screened. Tax free shopping and a range of bars and restaurants are all available once you pass through Security Control.
• Gate and Boarding Screens throughout the airport will display the gate number at which you need to board your plane. Signs will show you how to get there. When you reach the gate, there will be a lounge area where you can wait in comfort until you’re called for boarding. Airline attendants will call you forward; simply hand over your boarding card and board the plane.
• As you walk into the plane a member of the cabin crew will welcome you aboard, check the remaining portion of your boarding card and show you to your seat ready for take-off.
• Arrivals Once you land at your destination airport and leave the plane you will show your passport to security officials and then head to baggage reclaim to pick up the luggage that was previously checked in. Screens in the airport will show your flight number above the conveyor that your luggage will be on. After you have collected your luggage you will head through customs and out into the arrivals hall.
P. O. BOX 6229, KIGALI Tel. +250 78 815 2222 / Fax +250 0252585292
Service Tel: Passport +250 722 159 372 |Laissez Passer +250 722 158 692|Visa & Permit +250 722 172 974/+250 722 177 437 |PRO +250 788 674 848
© Rwanda Directorate General of immigration and Emigration. All rights reserved.